Funfetti Sandwich Cookies
From Baked Perfection
My best friend Ivy is getting married in just 7 days. I can’t wait and couldn’t be happier for her. It’s going to be such an incredible weekend with some of my most favorite people, in a beautiful place I’ve never been before. Ivy doesn’t really like cake…but everyone loves Funfetti, so guess what her wedding cake will be! Thinking about it reminded me of this yummy and adorable bite-site version I made for my friend Lorena’s birthday, then again as a welcome home gift to Veronica. Enjoy!
Makes approx. 24 sandwich cookies
- 1 (18.25) package Funfetti Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Very Vanilla Frosting
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, milk, & vanilla until combined.
2. Drop teaspoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. It seems impossibly small, but the smaller the better. Bake 7-9 minutes. The bottoms will be light brown. Move cookies to a cooling rack; cool completely before assembling.
3. In a bowl, beat butter and vanilla until creamy. Add salt. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.
4. Frost bottom side of half the cookies and top with unfrosted cookies. Roll edges in rainbow sprinkles.